New Component Design

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

tmd_63
Flowcode V4 User

New Component Design

Post by tmd_63 »

I am trying to design a new component using the SDK to create an LCD with further options than the one used within Flowcode.
Currently there is a bitmap that is placed on the panel. There is an external properties form that allows you to change details about the display (16x2, 20x2, black, green etc). A component pin connection form. And Customize Component Code form.
The 'defines' section inside the Component Code form has :
/**** Macro Substitutions ****
%a = D1 Port
%b = D1 Data Direction
etc
but these go up to %u for a 4 bit data bus, and I want to use an 8 bit data bus plus an additional R/W line.

How are the Macro Substitutions used and can more than 26 substitutions be defined (%a to %z)?
Can the external properties form be used to alter the pin connection form (4 bit or 8 bit data bus and connections)?
It would be very useful if the original code that generates the ocx for the LCD was made available so that these questions can be answered or if someone could generate this component.

tmd_63
Flowcode V4 User

Re: New Component Design

Post by tmd_63 »

Here is another note on the SDK.
Whilst using the word document to work through building a component, the section on adding the template text and macros talked about adding the Flowcode component type library reference. But my Visual Basic 6 did not have the library installed.
I did a proper install of the SDK. So where is this file? Can anyone enlighten me?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We don't really support the SDK, and it has changed since v3. If you contact me directly via email I will send some files to you that should help get you up and running.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We have altered the speech component so that this one allows more than 26 substitutions. We are looking at applying this to the LCD component. Hopefully we'll be able to release this to you in the next few weeks.

tmd_63
Flowcode V4 User

Post by tmd_63 »

Thank you.
Did you get the contact for the files? Or are you Steve@.....etc?
I am running version 4.2. Is the SDK only for V3? Or is the document only for V3 but the SDK is a higher version?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Yes - I am that Steve.

After re-reading your post, I realised it was not an SDK issue but was more to do with customisations in the C code file for the component. This is why I did not send anything to you. As I said, the SDK is not supported and it would take a fair amount of effort on our part to get it working for you.

tmd_63
Flowcode V4 User

Post by tmd_63 »

Ok Steve. Thank you.
Can you help with the Macro Substitution issue tho?
How is this used and where is it compiled. It does appear to be something used before the Boost C preprocessor as the '%' is not a C preprocessor directive.
If you was to create an LCD that utilises the full command and datalines for the HD device, then I could at least edit the underlying code to match the Novatech driver if it is not a direct compatiable version.
I have found a BoostC library that has code to driver an HD device without timing issues that I could adapt.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

You don't have to use the "%a" (etc) substitutions to do what you want. You cound instead hardcode the pin information into the C-code you write to replace the low-level i/o routines for the LCD.

By the way, these substitutions are handled by the Flowcode component. If you need to change what they do, then you need to alter the OCX itself, which is something we can't allow at the moment.