Miac Display issues

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

thusharag
Flowcode v5 User

Miac Display issues

Post by thusharag »

i am developing a project to monitor two ac (6v) voltages and their frequencies and one relay to operate on their abnormal vlaues. Normaally the program is runnng well. But when i try to display realtime values of the voltages and frequencies on the display, the program is getting very very slowed and the values also become very wrong. and the display is arranged once a second. According to this i guess that the pic is not enough for the program. but if im wrong pls letme know the way to overcome these problems.can this kind of programs be done using these Miac? Or if i go for ARM will this be ok? Please help me on this.
Thanks & Regards,
Thushara Goonathilake.

thusharag
Flowcode v5 User

Re: Miac Display issues

Post by thusharag »

And plaese let me know that if i try to make an interface to a PC from the Miac ( using a CAN to Rs232) also this delaying issue will come or not. Displaying realtime values in the Miac display and interfacing them to a PC are heavily needed for my developments. So please guide me on these area.
Thanks & Regards,
Thushara Goonathilake.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Could we see your program or is it commercially sensitive. If it is then you can send it to me via a PM.

The LCD is quite a slow device so you may have to monitor the inputs etc for a bit then switch off the interrupts, update the LCD and then start again.

Rather then RS232 -> CAN what about using the inbuilt MIAC USB connection and one of the Flowcode USB components.

thusharag
Flowcode v5 User

Post by thusharag »

if I need to send 20 nos of real-time data(20 channels) from a MIAC program (such as an inputs measuring program ) to the PC in such a way that one set in each second, is it possible with regard to the speed issues? Or any other barriers? Please give me an explanation on this considering both situations like when using the parallel LCD display(anyway the program getting slowed due to this) and not. And if this is difficult please guide me with an explanation on the maximum limits.
Thanks & Regards,
Thushara Goonathilake.