USB Drivers not installing

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

kdoney34711

USB Drivers not installing

Post by kdoney34711 »

I have moved to a new box and installed flowcode but can not get the usb drivers to install. I have cleaned the system many times, rebooted, reinstalled and use several usb drivers available at your sight. I have used your exe installation process and the windows installation process and nothing seems to work. The windows installer reports no device information found. I am including a full report on the current system. Please advise quickly since this weekend's work is critical.
Attachments
sys.zip
(38.39 KiB) Downloaded 460 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: USB Drivers not installing

Post by Benj »

Hello

I take it you are using the EB006 or HP488 boards. What operating system are you using?

Please try the attached driver and see if this solves your issue.
Attachments
EB-006_driver.zip
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 521 times

kdoney34711

Post by kdoney34711 »

No, I am using a MIAC. The attached file has all of my operating system parameters. When ever I use the exe for installation, the process ends with a statement about a sucessful completion but then I still cannot connect.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Have you tried sending a program to the miac?
Reason I am asking is when you send a program to the miac, it will say to press the reset button on the miac. It is not until you press the reset button the miac is detected ,and not before (if I remember correctly) , so just try plugging a DC supply, and usb lead then press reset.
I have use miac on xp, vista and win 7 all with success, so long as you have got the latest miac drivers. I can't test my theroy as I have left my miac in work. :cry:
Martin

kdoney34711

Post by kdoney34711 »

Thanks all. It was a bad usb cable. Never had one of those before.

Kevin :roll:

Sufre Haji Muhamad
Flowcode V4 User

Re: MIAC Driver not installing

Post by Sufre Haji Muhamad »

I have problem connecting Miac to my window 7, do I have to install the miac driver? I have found drivers from flowcode-4 cd namely:
1.Matrix_Miac_Driver_install,
2.Matrix_Miac_Driver_install (amd64)
When I run these drivers: warning appears, as "DPInst.exe does not execute on your operating system"

3. Matrix_Miac_Driver_install (ia64) - Warning appeared again "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windowyou re running. Check your computers's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher"

How do I know the software publisher? or Is there any other way to solve this problem??
I have tried using a resetting technique, but still Miac cannot found. By looking at the device manager, It showed the Unknown Device..
Please help....me..

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

With windows 7 clicking on install with not install drivers. You will need to go into device manager and install drivers manually as explained in the tutorial here:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... f=2&t=8097
Before you do, you need to have miac connected and press reset, so you get the driver warning.
Although tutorial is about installing drivers for EB006,
Same method applies to miac, except you use miac drivers and not EB006 programmers drivers.
Last edited by medelec35 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martin

Sufre Haji Muhamad
Flowcode V4 User

Post by Sufre Haji Muhamad »

Hi medelec,
Thank you for your fast replied, I am able to sort it out within 10 minutes after struggling in 2 hours but I am using a Miac driver, E006 driver is not compatible with my HP laptop, I dont know why?

Anyhow thanks again... :D :)

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Sorry it's my wording, I should of proof read a bit better and re-worded it slightly
The tutorial was for someone who had eb006 programmer, so that used the eb006 drivers only.
you have miac so you use miac drivers only, not eb006 drivers.
The install method is the same for both products.
If you have EB006 programmer connected then you should not get a warning about driver not compatible.
A warning for anyone who has both products, only have one product connected at a time, or programming will fail.
Martin