Pic Monitor program

Tips, Tricks and methods for programming, learn ways of making your programming life easier, and share your knowledge with others.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

goldwingers

Pic Monitor program

Post by goldwingers »

Having got a little fed up with the limitations using my ECIO with Hyperlink, I have developed a standalone windows communications and monitoring program, The ECIO40 monitor is for use on a PC with the ECIO40 system and Eblocks hardware. The monitor is an event driven program to keep the flow of data to only what is required to be read. The data read/write functions are in the "Byte" format so would be easy for students and hobbiests alike to use. The monitor is driven by a flowcode program (in V3) which means the users not having FC4 (like me) can use it without those horrid "Cant use this file as it was written in a higher language format" The program I have used to develop the monitor uses a simple loop with additional macros for the digital, analog outputs and digital inputs.

The monitor only requests data transfer when the specified port or analog channel is selected by the check buttons in the program. In brief the monitor can;

Input digital port A,B,C,D & E as independant ports in a BCD / binary bar for each channel
Output digital ports A,B & D - This allows each port channel to be turned on/off from the monitor this is useful for turning on relays, Led boards etc.
Input individual analog channels in normal mode and individual channel in invert mode.

I have put a description of the features and controls with pictures of the monitor on the internet both in Idle and operational modes and it can be viewed at "http://www.wingtech.co.uk/Pic" Please note the capital P.

Regards

Ian