Pickit2 pic12f1840

Tips, Tricks and methods for programming, learn ways of making your programming life easier, and share your knowledge with others.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Drakkor

Pickit2 pic12f1840

Post by Drakkor »

Hi, If you are having trouble with pickit2 and pic12f1840, or other newer chips, then this may help you. Long story but I changed chip I was using from a pic12f675 for more speed. This was the first time using this (Newer) device. I was seeking help in another post before I found my answer which was not in these forums. That is the reason I copied this from my other post and put it under the different subject name so people could find it easier as it may not show up in my 12f675 post.....I'm rambling..........Merry Christmas : )

OK. I FINALLY found the problem and it took so long to find as it seems only one person posted some info on the web. If you use the updated device list for pickit2, it will NOT work with Flowcode, it will tell you, that to use the updated .dat file, you need updated PK2cmd. which is needed for the pic12f1840. Here's how to deal with it.....Download the updated device.dat file and ONLY put it in the same directory as the microchip pickit2 -DOT- exe. Leave the old version on your Flowcode V5/tools/pickit2. Then, when you are working with chips only supported with the updated device list, compile to Hex, and open Pickit2 stand alone and IMPORT the Hex file and burn it there. I am still able to configure the chips (It seems) from Flowcode. Bottom line is that the updated device file is ONLY for the stand alone Pickit2, and not the PK2cmd.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Pickit2 pic12f1840

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Drakkor,
Since what you have posted is a great tip
I have moved your post to Programming Tips & Tricks, so it won't get berried amongst people asking for help.

Martin
Martin

Drakkor

Re: Pickit2 pic12f1840

Post by Drakkor »

Hi Martin, Thanks. I wasn't sure of the best place to post it : )