debugging idears

Forum for suggestions regarding the next update / release of Flowcode

Moderators: Benj, Mods

chevy6600
Flowcode V4 User

debugging idears

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi team, i have another idea for the flowcode v4......i`m on a roll, this the 3rd idea in a day :mrgreen: ....
when debugging i found a need to do a search for certain variables in my flowcode program and found it time consuming to try and find all instances of the variable in question, Can there be a facility to have a "find" in the menu bar to search sequentially through the program for the variable.

And on a similar note. view the chosen variable_ item progressing through the program (while running in debug mode) .....maybe a colour change of the flowcode icon as the variable is used passing through it. This would allow oneself to see the program branching or not as the case maybe. This is in addition to the `program icon high lighter` that is available now, which shows how the flow of the program progresses. But my addition would show various variables if they were hit.
Thanks

jmccorison

Re: debugging idears

Post by jmccorison »

Hear, hear, for the search function. Presently I compile to C, then bring the C code up in an editor and search there. A search in Flowcode would be so much easier.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: debugging idears

Post by Steve »

I agree - I'll try to get this implemented.