flowcode v4 with movable icons ?

Forum for suggestions regarding the next update / release of Flowcode

Moderators: Benj, Mods

chevy6600
Flowcode V4 User

flowcode v4 with movable icons ?

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi Team, i have another request for flowcode ver 4, can you make it possible so that the flowcode icons
can be moved around the screen which will allow me to re arrange them in a manor that i think is more
understandable. :?:
The screen grabs below demonstrate a flowcode program as it stands now compared to what i would of done
if i was able to re arrange them, while at the same time i am able to remove some of the space which pushes the programing off the end, this makes the programing MUCH easier for me to follow. (ignore the fact that some of the words are reversed !! :mrgreen: .)
Thanks.
Attachments
flowcode my ver.jpg
(109.58 KiB) Downloaded 2116 times
flowcode as standard.jpg
(109.04 KiB) Downloaded 2116 times

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: flowcode v4 with movable icons ?

Post by Steve »

This is a request we have had before, but I think it would be a lot of work to implement to get it right. I've used a lot of packages that have user-routing capabilities and unless it is done really well, the screen ends up being a horrible mess. Plus the user will spend most of their time and effort in rearranging the icons rather than creatign a program.

It would be good if this functionality was available as an option and I will look at it again, but I don't think it will be available in v4.

chevy6600
Flowcode V4 User

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi steve, somehow i guessed you would say something like that. :cry: As a half way house (Bit of arm twisting here :lol: ) may be it would be more practicle/possible to have just 2 commands eg. `condense ` and `mirror selection`.

A) if you were able to drag the icons from left/right and up/down while still keeping the same arrangement, this would make it possible to just eliminate some of the space between the icons.

B) to be able to do a `mirror` on a sellection, instead of branching just to the right. (having the true/false on the left and right of the icon).

thanks.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Good compromise - I can see how that would work. But I'm not going to make any promises at this stage (I've got so much to do already!).