Flowchart navigation

Forum for suggestions regarding the next update / release of Flowcode

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jadiflow
Flowcode v5 User

Flowchart navigation

Post by jadiflow »

Hi,

A suggestion: when working on a flowchart you often have to jump to a subroutine macro to check or fix something. When that's done you have to select the original flowchart from the list window and scroll back to where you were, if you can still remember...
It would be great to have a 'return-button' that gets you back to the point where you jumped to the sub. Kind of 'return' instruction but then during flowchart development.

And another one: would it be possible to have a 'design notes' page, a text file where one could list e.g. port assignments, to have it stored into the project and that be called up on the screen during design work. I'm using a notepad file right now, but that's not associated with the project directly. Possibly a 'design notes component'?

Jan Didden

jmccorison

Re: Flowchart navigation

Post by jmccorison »

Here, here! I agree heartily with Jan regarding the abilities to document Flowcode. As an "old geezer" of the programming world, I long ago learned to document, document, document. Now that my brain isn't as young as it once was, I find it even more difficult to remember the specific details of my own code. A Design Notes page would help a lot. (That coupled with the ability to add comments within the Strings Function.)

Jim

Mark

Post by Mark »

Yes, a free format text page to include notes would be very useful.

I use a wide screen and when opening a macro (as in the first post) the macro's tend to open a wide box, could they be made to open narrow? That way it is possible to easily have 3 or 4 strips of code down ( eg left to right) a screen to show the heirarchy of calls, hence, for me, a 'return' option is not that necessary.
Go with the Flow.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I really like the idea of a "design notes" page and I'll try to implement it.

As for the "return" button, I can see the use of this and I'll add it to the ever-increasing "todo" list.

jadiflow
Flowcode v5 User

Post by jadiflow »

Thanks Steve,

Jan Didden