Single Step Debug in Multi-statement Calculation Component

Forum for suggestions regarding the next update / release of Flowcode

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jmccorison

Single Step Debug in Multi-statement Calculation Component

Post by jmccorison »

The ability to have multiple statements in a single Calculation or String Manipulation component is certainly nice, but it makes debugging difficult. Would it be possible to single step through each individual statement in a multi-statement component?

-Jim

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Single Step Debug in Multi-statement Calculation Component

Post by Steve »

This may be a little tricky. I know it's not ideal, but you could instead put each calculation line into a separate icon.

As an alternative, I could look at providing an option to separate a single multi-line calculation icon into multiple single-line calculation icons (perhaps via a reight-click menu). Perhaps we could also provide an option to do it the other way (e.g. the user selects multiple calculation icons and selects "combine" to produce a single calculation icon).

jmccorison

Post by jmccorison »

Steve,

Regardless of the single step capability, a split/combine would be a great added tool. (That's what I've been manually doing.) The only issue I can see is you'll have to handle the conditions where a user selects a range with icons that can't be combined.

-Jim

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Jim,

I've thought of this and I think the option to combine calculation icons would only be available when a continuous list of calculation icons is selected. This should be easy to do.