Flowcode won't compile to my PIC16F876 using flowcode!!!

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

lee_smith_ljmu

Flowcode won't compile to my PIC16F876 using flowcode!!!

Post by lee_smith_ljmu »

I have designed my flowcode using Flocode V1.0 and in simulation it works fine. the problem comes when i compile to PIC, the below error keeps displaying.

flowcode was unable to compile the flowcharts flowcode to C code due to the following errors:

F:\Project\Project_~1.c
Warning in line 113: Possible Truncation to 8-bits
Warning in line 118: Possible Truncation to 8-bits
line 605: Error in function call
line 606: General Error
line 619: Error in function call
line 622: General Error
line 624: General Error
line 628: General Error

If youre flowcode contains C Code, Please review this carefully. If youre flow code contains no C-code or you have throughly reviewed the code, contact Teschnical support

my flowcode contains no C-Code only existing building blocks in software
I have made sure my config, i.e PIC16F876. settings are ok and have checked them University staff but still no joy. please can you direct me in how to resolve this problem and why it is happening.

Brief discribtion of flowcode. Displays "Power cable location device" then checks to see if input at RB6 is high or low, samples the ADC on ADC0 stores the 8 bit vaule in variable 'HI' this variable is then compared and result displayed on the LCD, line 2.

Regards

Lee

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode won't compile to my PIC16F876 using flowcode!!!

Post by Benj »

Hello Lee

Sorry but V1 of Flowcode is no longer supported. V3 has been out for nearly 3 years now and V2 a long time before that. Maybe the University staff will agree its time for an upgrade.

lee_smith_ljmu

Post by lee_smith_ljmu »

Ok transfered my flowcode in to V3, now when simulating a warning message appears:

Warning: Macros Param count = d, but number of parameters passed = d.

if you could help me direct me to the cause of the problem that would be great.

regards

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Ok sounds like the number of parameters in one of the macro icons is incorrect. Please can you attach your program to the forum and I will see if I can spot the problem. Alternativly you can email me with the file if you dont want your code to become public.