Flowcode for pic does not compile!

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

myval
Flowcode V4 User

Flowcode for pic does not compile!

Post by myval »

Hi,
when I try to compile the project (example tut1), flow code has just been installed no changes to setting everything should be default.
it comes up with this:
Multimedia\Flowcode
Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\Multimedia\Flowcode" -i "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC16F88 -la -c2 -o Flowcode.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16

FATAL: Unable to open input file: C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\Multimedia\Flowcode
Error: preprocessing error
V3\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe
Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\V3\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe" -i "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC16F88 -la -c2 -o boostc.pic16.flowcode.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16

FATAL: Unable to open input file: C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\V3\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe
TUT_01.c
Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\TUT_01.c" -i "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC16F88 -la -c2 -o TUT_01.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16

TUT_01.c success

failure

Return code = 1

thank you
Josef

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode for pic does not compile!

Post by Benj »

Hello Josef

Please can you tell us which version of Flowcode and which version of Windows you are running including service pack number.

In the Chip -> Compiler options window you could try clicking the restore defaults button. This may fix your problem.

Another thing to try is to install the latest verison of Flowcode if you are using an earlier version on a CD etc.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/Flowcode3a-X.php

myval
Flowcode V4 User

Post by myval »

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried again today, tried to reset defaults and still no go.
Generated by: Flowcode v3.6.11.53
Date: Monday, February 23, 2009 22:12:27
Licence: Demo

Windows is XP Pro Version 2002 SP3 and all the lates patches and updates installed do you guys plan to have Flow code for Linux?

thanks
Josef

File name: C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\TUT_01.c
Generated by: Flowcode v3.6.11.53
Date: Monday, February 23, 2009 22:12:27
Licence: Demo

***DEMO VERSION***

NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com

Launching the compiler...

C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe -v -t PIC16F88 "TUT_01.c"

BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 6.70 (for PIC16 architecture)
http://www.sourceboost.com
Copyright(C) 2004-2007 Pavel Baranov
Copyright(C) 2004-2007 David Hobday

Single user Lite License (Unregistered) for 0 node(s)
Limitations: PIC12,PIC16 max code size:2048 words, max RAM banks:2, Non commercial use only

Multimedia\Flowcode
Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\Multimedia\Flowcode" -i "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC16F88 -la -c2 -o Flowcode.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16

FATAL: Unable to open input file: C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\Multimedia\Flowcode
V3\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe
Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\V3\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe" -i "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC16F88 -la -c2 -o boostc.pic16.flowcode.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16

FATAL: Unable to open input file: C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\V3\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe
TUT_01.c
Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\TUT_01.c" -i "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC16F88 -la -c2 -o TUT_01.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16

TUT_01.c success

failure

Return code = 1

Flowcode was unable to compile the flowchart's C code due to the following errors:

If your flowchart contains C code, please review this carefully. If your flowchart contains no C-code or you have thoroughly reviewed the code, contact Technical Support.

FINISHED

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Thanks for providing that info I will try and get to the root of the problem.

I am currently playing with Flowcode on Ubuntu so I know it works ok with Linux and Wine. However the problems we are having at the moment is that the hardware requires .sys file drivers that are not provided by the manufacturers such as Microchip and Atmel. If we can push for these driver files then we can automatically provide greater Linux support. So if your like me and wish to break free of them damn Microsoft chains then start demanding more from the manufacturers. Note this also goes for the 64-bit Atmel ARM Windows drivers which means that Flowcode ARM is not 64-bit compatible.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We have seen this compilation problem on a few PCs, but have not been able to solve it. We know it is not OS-specific (we've seen the problem on XP SP2 and SP3 PCs, but also have seen it working on these PCs).

We're continuing to look into the problem.

One thing you could try is to open a command shell (start..run and then type "cmd.exe"). In the command shell, type the following and press return:

Code: Select all

dir c:\progr*
And then type the following, followed by pressing return:

Code: Select all

dir "c:\program files\matr*"
Please post or email me your results so I can see if there is anything there that could cause the problem.

myval
Flowcode V4 User

Post by myval »

Attached is print screen of the result.
What was that supposed to do?
I had to print screen it because copy. paste from CMD screen did not work, probably compatibility of issue of microsoft with microsoft!!! :mrgreen:
Attachments
Print-Screen.jpg
Print-Screen.jpg (40.37 KiB) Viewed 12333 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

The problem seems to be a bit of a bug with finding the toolchain on certain versions of Windows. We have been unable to replicate any of these problems here but I beleive it to be something to do with registry problems.

You should be able to do the following to get your copy of Flowcode compiling. Firstly go to the following folder.

C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3

Copy the BoostC folder from the Flowcode V3 folder to the root of your C drive so you get the directory C:\BoostC

Next run Flowcode and click on Chip -> Compiler options.

Set the Compiler location to:
C:\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe

Set the Linker location to:
C:\BoostC\boostlink.pic.exe

Hopefully now you will be able to compile to C and Assembler using Flowcode.

Let us know how you get on.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I think I may have a solution. Please see this post:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 571#p12571