Canot find complier

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jollybv
Flowcode v5 User

Canot find complier

Post by jollybv »

Hi
I removed Flowcode and reinstalled it in vista now when I put the registration code in it tells me (licensing Error: unable to find the Complier) I can compile but cannot send any of my projects to the Development board Please help
Brian

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Canot find complier

Post by Benj »

Hello Brian

Are you running the latest version? The new versions can be downloaded from here.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/Flowcode3a-X.php

If you are running the latest version then I would give uninstalling and reinstalling a go.

Remember when installing Flowcode onto a fresh machine you must always use your CD key first. Once this has been entered your registration details can be used.

jollybv
Flowcode v5 User

Re: LCDded.dll

Post by jollybv »

Hi
I am running Vista home and it comes with Norman antivirus which is picking up that my

C:\Program Files\...\components\ LCDdede.dll
Backdoor: W32/malldoor.DCYQ

is a virus and it keeps putting it in quarantine. In turn I think this is causing the problem I am having with the LCD display it works fine in simulation but dose not work on the development board.
What can I do?
Brian

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Canot find complier

Post by Benj »

Hello Brian

Are you running Flowcode in German? If not then the missing file should not be a problem. We check all our files regularily for viruses so it could either be a incorrect virus spot or the file has become corrupted somehow. Is it possible to send the file off to Norman antivirus for confirmation.

Here are a few guesses as to why the LCD is not working on the hardware

1) The Clock speed in Flowcode does not match your hardware crystal speed
2) The Chip configuration is not set to XTAL
3) The advanced chip configuration (if your using it) is not set to HS ( Crystal > 4MHz ) or XT ( Crystal <= 4MHz ) or LVP is enabled
4) The hardware is not set to XTAL mode (if your using our hardware)

Hope this helps to get you up and running. If all else fails then try the one second flasher approach to ensure that all of your clock settings are configured correctly.