Admin Error! after Start of Flowcode V3

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Xsusakamei

Admin Error! after Start of Flowcode V3

Post by Xsusakamei »

Hello!

I have a big Problem.
I'm using Flowcode(pro in last Version) for a while, but today, after start of Flowcode it means suddenly "Please run this programm from the Administrator account ... " (see Picture). Uninstall and a new Installation do not fix the Error :cry: Whats wrong? I have also tried to install Flowcode for Trial - the same Problem!

I have also tried it to start it like "run as", but this always brings the same error!
Windows and all other programms are working correctly.

I use Windows XP SP2, P4 3GHz with HT Function, 1GB RAM. I do not have changed anything on my Hardware. I am logged on as an Computeradmin - what last Year works fine (i don't know the Day at the last errorfree run of Flowcode).

Do Flowcode need an special Service to run properly?

Please Help!

Dear
J. Schol
Attachments
Error_FC3.jpg
Error after Start of Flowcode!
(33.34 KiB) Downloaded 3131 times

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Admin Error! after Start of Flowcode V3

Post by Steve »

This does seem strange - I've had no other reports of this error message. The cause of the sudden error is not known to me, but I suspect it is either due to a Windows patch (perhaps the installation of SP2?) or to a security application such as an anti-virus tool being too "aggresive".

I suppose the first thing to do is to make sure you are running with the latest version of Flowcode (v3.4.7).

You could also try some other things such as changing the properties of the Flowcode shortcut so it runs in compatibility mode for windows 2000.

I've done various searches on the Internet for this error and they all seem to point to a registry permissions issue. Admin accounts may still restrict privileges to some registry locations, so this could be the issue. One site said that the only way to guarantee full registry access was to right-click the program and "Run as administrator..." - but this was for Vista and on my XP SP2 PC I do not have this specific option (instead, you can "Run as..." and choose a specific account, but perhaps even the admin account you select still has access restrictions).

One post offers a solution which is a bit technical, but should solve the issue. Run Sysinternal's "registry monitor" program and see which registry key is failing. Then temporarily set up the privileges and run Flowcode to allow it to "set up the license". Then change the registry permissions back again.

Please let me know how you get on. If you're still having problems, we'll have to look into this further.

Xsusakamei

Post by Xsusakamei »

Hello!

Thanks for Your Answer.
I'm using the latest Version of Flowcode and the SP2 was installed since a long time ago.
Now i think also that it is an Registry Problem! I have used a Registry Cleaner for a short time. But why only Flowcode does not runs correctly?

"Run as ..." has no effect! Either way, which Account i used.

What do i must change in the property-icon of Flowcode?

I don't understand your explanation about the bit technical. Can you tell me the link where do you have read this?

Dear
J. Schol
Greetings
J. Schol

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

There is a program called "ProcessMonitor" which might help you debug this problem. It can be downloaded from Microsoft via this link:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96645.aspx

You can run this, and set the filter to only include the process name "Flowcode.exe". Once this has been done, you can look through the list for the item causing the error. Unfortunately, the amount of data produced by this is immense, and it may take a while to find the problem.

I suspect that one area of the registry that may have a problem is HKLM\Software\Licenses. Here's what others are saying about this error:
1. From an Administrator account, run the registry editor, RegEdit.exe.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Licenses. Right-click on that key in the left pane (the one that shows folders) and select "Permissions".
3. Use the Remove button to remove all users and groups from the permissions box, then click the Add button. In the "Enter the object names to select" box, type "Everyone" (without the quotes), then click the Check Names button -- the Everyone you just typed should
become underlined, if the system recognizes it.
4. Click OK to return to the main permissions dialog; you'll now see only one entry, for the Everyone group. Below it, select the box for "Full Control - Allow", which should also turn on Read - Allow.
5. Then hit the OK button to finish it.
...and...
Regarding Error: “Please run this program from the Administrator account so it can set up your license. Once the license is set up, you can run it from any account”

This happens when the system doesn't allow it to create the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Licenses key with full read/write access, or when the key was already created by the access was changed by another program. To fix it, the administrator will need to go into the registry and change the access on that key back,
you could do this with the windows program "regedt32.exe", that has the Security Menu where you can set the permission for a key.

Mine "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Licenses" is set to Everybody with the rights Read and Full Control allowed.
So please try to set the persmissions to this registry key as suggested and let's see if this solves the problem.

Xsusakamei

Post by Xsusakamei »

Hello Steve!

Thank you for the great help!
Now, i can start Flowcode but my Registration Infos are lost :cry: .
I can load little Project (.fcf) Files yet. But, if i want load a bigger File which i have created and where i was use an PIC16F877/876 Controller, Flowcode brings after a while the Error Message "Server too buys" "This process can't start because an other Application is activ" (free translation of me). The Picture shows the german Error-Dialog! I became this Error-Message sometimes where Flowcode works fine. After a reboot die Error Message was left ... . In this case, a reboot don't fix the error ... .

The Process Monitor offers a lot of Registry-Entries which are lost. A lot of Entries belong to "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options]".

A new Installation of Flowcode does not fix the error, so i think i must install my OS new :twisted: ?!?!?!?!?

Do you have any Idea?
Attachments
Error_FC3_Server_busy.jpg
(35.5 KiB) Downloaded 3077 times
Greetings
J. Schol

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

This link shows a good discussion about this error:
http://forums.globalscape.com/tm.aspx?m=3925

You should do an Internet search (using "Server ist ausgelastet" or "Server is busy") to find out more.

As this error seems to be due to another service or program taking too many resources from the system, one other thing to try could be to run "msconfig.exe" and disable some of your startup programs to see if they are causing the error.

Apart from this, I don't really know what else to suggest. I doubt if Flowcode itself is the culprit because we would have had many other posts about this here. If you find out a solution, please post it here just in case it helps any of our other users.