Program bluetooth board

Forum for problems or queries regarding Flowcode Comms Components. Eg LIN, I2C, SPI, RS232, CAN, IrDA etc

Moderators: Benj, Mods

MarkGeelen

Program bluetooth board

Post by MarkGeelen »

Hi,

I have some troubles with finding and connecting to the bluetooth e-block. Yesterday I was able to find the e-block. Today, the device is responding to nothing. Is it possible that I did something wrong and the E-block is broken?
Is it possible to send a working program to test my device. I use a USB dongle to connect to the e--block. I want to make a connection between my laptop and the e-block. I have no idea what I am doing wrong:S
Can anybody help me please??

Greets

Mark

MarkGeelen

Re: Program bluetooth board

Post by MarkGeelen »

Can you accidently delete the factory settings of the bleutooth board?
It seems to me that the board is not working anymore. :s

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Mark

It should not be possible to delete the factory settings unless you are using a) your own hardware or b) your own programming language eg C.

Have you tried removing power from the bluetooth board to allow the module to reset.

If you moved the jumper fom 5V to 3.3V when using a 5V system then it is possible that you may have damaged the module.

Datasheets and support for the module can be found here,

http://www.ezurio.com/

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

MarkGeelen

Post by MarkGeelen »

Hi,

I didn't do anything that you say. I just loaded some example files, that I recieved from my co-worker.( I think he recieved them from you )
Is it possible that the bitrate is changed and therefore the bluetooth module reacts on nothing anymore. My bluetooth dongle on my PC is really working. I can find other devices such as my mobile.
Or can it be something else?
Help is really appreciated.

Thanks!

MarkGeelen

Post by MarkGeelen »

Hi Benj,

I found the problem! :lol:
I was looking in the datasheets of ezurio and found out that there where a few special commands for resetting to factory settings. So I created a hyperteminal link with a usb device and connect that one to the bluetooth board. After sending commands such as " !<BISM>!<cr> " it still didn't react. So I went to the website of ezurio and found out there is a updated available for the firmware. But you only have access to it after registering. After updating to the latest firmware and downloading it to the chip, the device reacts again to my comments.
When I sent the "AT" command with my hyperterminal it now sends "AT OK" back.
So what I have done is:
Updated to latest firmware. Then set the device to the right bautrate (default) for me that's 9600. Afterwards you just have to push the update buton, and it will autonomous set your board to the right settings.
The site where you can find the firmware is: http://www.ezurio.com/products/bism/ in the menu at the right-hand site.

Greetings,

Mark

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Mark

Glad youve managed to revive your module. Thanks for posting your fix. Let us know if you have any further problems.