Ethernet Macro

Forum for problems or queries regarding Flowcode Comms Components. Eg LIN, I2C, SPI, RS232, CAN, IrDA etc

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Ron

Ethernet Macro

Post by Ron »

Hi,

I have been thinking of upgrading my V3. One of the main reasons is to allow me to move away from RS485 and into Ethernet world. Is there an easy way for me to do this/get Ethernet working?

For RS485 it was easy as I was able to use the RS232 macro and there are many design examples for RS485 circuit.

I also want to be able to make my own boards so I think wireless is out of the question (YES/NO???).

Is there an easy way to do ETH with a wired network???
Is there some type of board (public domain design) that works with one of the Macros in V3 - V5?

Thank you,

Ron

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Ethernet Macro

Post by Benj »

Hello Ron,
Is there an easy way for me to do this/get Ethernet working?
We sell a bundle that is probably the easiest way to get started as it also comes with a discounted Flowcode license.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/product ... PHPSESSID=
I also want to be able to make my own boards so I think wireless is out of the question (YES/NO???).
The wireless module we use is a through hole component so not too tricky to mount. I think the pitch is maybe 1.27mm so it is fairly tight.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/product ... PHPSESSID=
Is there an easy way to do ETH with a wired network???
Yes we support two of the wired Ethernet modules from Wiznet. We will shortly be adding support for the current WIZ810MJ module as the old module is now marked as end of life.
Is there some type of board (public domain design) that works with one of the Macros in V3 - V5?
All the schematics for the E-blocks designs are available at the end of each datasheet.