ECIO compatibility

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

st9905
Flowcode V4 User

ECIO compatibility

Post by st9905 »

Hello,

Is the ECIO compatible 1:1 with the SPI- and bluetooth board or do I have to make any other configuration and how in that case.

Brgds
Erik
Erik

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ECIO compatibility

Post by Benj »

Hello Erik

The ECIO has a funny SPI pin layout which is split across Port B and Port C. To allow the SPI to work you will have to connect the board to port B and bring across the additional SDO pin from Port C using a flying lead.

The Bluetooth board uses the hardware UART, however this is connected to PortC and 3 of the pins of PortC are used by the USB. Therefore Im not sure if the Bluetooth will work correctly with the ECIO device without slight modifications to the firmware driver code.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

This topic may be of some use for getting the Bluetooth up and running on the ECIO.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 630#p14566

Kari

Post by Kari »

Hi,

I have had also problem trying to write something from ECIOARM CPU through SPI to SPI board DAC. I can not see (=measure) anyting at the output of DAC. I am using ECIOARM on attached on ECIO base board and SPI is connected to port B.

I read about funny SPI pin layout and taking a flying lead from C port to SDO pin. What does this actually mean? What pin number from port C must be routed to SDO pin? And do you mean SDO on the patch area of SPI board?

What are correct jumper settings? I am using currently the following:
- Jumper J6 = C is selected. Which should mean patch system is active = all B port outputs must be re-routed within patch area with flying leads.
- Jumper J7 is selected.
- And I have tried both possible selections of jumper J2.

Thanks for your help,
Kari

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Kari

For the ECIO ARM you have to do things a little differently.

The SPI is connected to PortB but the pins dont follow the normal PICmicro layout so you will have to put the SPI E-Block into jumper positions C and 2. This connects the patch system allowing single core wire to be used to route through the following connections.

SDO connects to 5
SDI connects to 7
SCK connects to 0

the other two chip select pins are freely allocatable in the SPI component properties in Flowcode.

Hope this helps.

Kari

Post by Kari »

Hi,

I tried to connect SDO, SCK and SDI as you proposed but I still can not measure anything from DAC output. I have attached the flowcode file I have used. Could you check that to see if there is something which explanes my problem.

Is it possible to continue from C-code generated by flowcode. I mean if I would like to add some debug features to C-code to see what is happening. I tried to edit C-code, but it seems that flowcode always overwrites my C-code changes.

Thanks again,
Kari
Attachments
suodatin.fcf_arm
(5.5 KiB) Downloaded 301 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Sorry I got the clock pin wrong before. This should be 4 and not 0.

SDO connects to 5
SDI connects to 7
SCK connects to 4

You may also want to check that the SPI clock is set to /16 or /64. I tested the device using /64 and this seems to be working fine.

Here is your program modified to give a ramping output.
Attachments
suodatin.fcf_arm
(5.5 KiB) Downloaded 320 times

Kari

Post by Kari »

Hi,

Thanks! works now.

Do you have any examples how to write samples with certain sample frequency? I would like to write samples of a speech signal take at 8000 Hz sample clock. DAC write rate should be 0.125 ms and flow code does not allow such delays. I quess I need to use ARM internal timer to kick DAC writes. Any examples of ARM timer usage?

Thanks,
Kari