Test and Repair of V2 Development Board

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

econnections

Test and Repair of V2 Development Board

Post by econnections »

Hello,

Is there a test and repair service for the v2 Development Board. I asked because I am having problems getting some of the programs I write in in assembly code to work when I try to run the PIC in XT mode. Oddly, the tutorials run but if I write a simple loop using INCFSZ the program work in VPIC and when the PIC is set to RC, Slow mode. But as soon as it is set to RC, Fast or XT the program doesn't behave as expected.

ie The program should light RB7, loop 256 times, CLRF PORT then turn on RB7. In XT mode RB7 is illuminated but half of PORTB is partically illuminated? Also, although the Watchdog timer is turned off the program will restart after approximately 1-minute. Infact any program I write will restart by itself.

The board is fitted with the 16F84a but I have tried replacing the PIC with two others I have. I have also replaced the power supply.

If you can test the and repair these board, please let me know rough costs.

Thanks

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Test and Repair of V2 Development Board

Post by Steve »

Hi,

I don't think it is worth us offering to fix your v2 board. The cost for us to have a look at it and fixing it is probably similar to buying a new one. Also, the v2 boards are now pretty old (I think we stopped manufacturing them 4 or 5 years ago). Sorry.