Bl0080 programmer

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

WingNut

Bl0080 programmer

Post by WingNut »

Hi. I recently purchased the BL0080 after having the original programmer. Ive been using it regularly with no issues. Being concerned with plugging and unplugging my PIC16F18877 i decided to use ICSP but it came up saying it couldn't communicate with the chip so I reverted to plugging and unplugging the device but now it says the same thing and cant communicate with the device. Has my programmer gone faulty?

N

WingNut

Re: Bl0080 programmer

Post by WingNut »

Update. So I've plugged in pickit4 and programmed with MPLABX with no issues. As a second issue if i compile to device, flowcode defaults to Pickit2 and wont change which results in an error and doesnt program the device. I can live with that but i find MPLAB difficult to work with and would prefer to use flowcode environment to program directly. What am i doing wrong?

Third issue - i cant log in to the new forums for flowcode. It says my password is wrong and it wont allow me to contact the forum administrator to fix the issue as it says this feature is disabled

4th issue - i purchased csim and it appears in my flowcode account but no matter if i reapply the licence flowcode says i need to purchase the csim component.

Think thats enough to keep you busy :P

N

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

So you can be helped out with your other issues.
If you are using Flowcode V9 and you have forgotten your password for the forums, then you can reset it by going to here.
Select Log in, then you will see: Forgotten your password? Click here to reset
Then when you have logged in with the temporary password receive via email,you can scroll down to Account Management
Change Password
Martin

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

As for the board not programming.
If you measure the voltage across ICSP pin 2 and GND and its 0V & there is 5V on the 5V terminal block, then could be an issue with the 5v/3v3 switch.
Make sure it's fully in the correct position and you may have accidentally knocked it out from its original position?
Note: There is not a direct connection between the centre pin of the switch and the ICSP pin.
The easiest way to test the switch is to measure the voltage across the centre pin and GND.
Or with power removed, perform a continuity test between the centre pin and the 3v3 & 5V terminal block.
You could have a faulty switch that moves very easily?
Martin

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Hi Medelec. Firstly thanks for your assistance. I reset my password via your link and now all good for the forums.

I had a look at the voltage selector switch and it looked fine but i pushed it and noticed that it moved fiurther to the 5v end with a positive 'seating'. Totally looked fully over but apparently not. Anyway i decided to plug a chip into the socket and it was autodetected straigh away. Result! You were spot on. I did try to program via icsp and it appears to have erased the chip but not programmed it.

The BL0080 has 6 pins on the icsp are they all used? My icsp lead has only 5 and the icsp header on my circuit has only 5 but programs ok with pickit 4.
Anyway I'm not stuck for icsp with pickit 4 but I'd prefer both devices programming to device.

I figured out why its settling on pickit 2 but now I get the an error related to programing speed and no matter what speed I select it still says normal speed in the compiler window.

Still cant get csim available

N

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi.
Your welcome.
I'm glad you have got the BL0011 to work now.
Thank you for letting us know.
the 6th pin is left open-circuit so is not used.
There are 6pins to avoid misalignment which is a good idea since the ICSP programmer, normally have 6 pins.
WingNut wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:36 pm
Still cant get csim available
There is a post regarding that.
See if that sorts your issue out?
Martin

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Unfortunately not. Still says to benefit from csim i need to purchase it

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that.
I will send an email to a Matrix member of staff that may be able to help you further.
Martin

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Thanks for your help

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Your licence was refreshed this morning and it does show you have C sim on it.
Can you reactivate your licence again from the Licensing, Manage and let us know if it's worked or not?
Power cuts can be a pain in the backside.
Martin

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Will do when I get home tonight. Agree about power cuts, I'm an engineer at an airport

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

csim sorted. Thanks again!

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

That's great!
Is Everything is sorted for you now, regarding all the issues you mentioned in the first post?
Martin

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Yes I believe so. I've not tried ICSP programming tho as i've been making headway with a project and using Pickit4, which is pretty fast.
I'll give it a go over the weekend but I dont expect any issue as it wasn't even recognising the chip.

Thumbs up all round :D

N