Where can I get the software for my programmer?

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Metalicat

Where can I get the software for my programmer?

Post by Metalicat »

I've bought an Eblocks Lite Programmer, but there was no software in the package. Where can I get the software for programming my microcontroller?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi Metalicat,

There should be a mini CD in with the programmer called ELSAM.
ELSAM should have PPP - our PICmicro Programemr software and a copy of MPLAB the industry standard Asembler and ASSEMBLY IDE.

The copies on ELSAM should be recent, but newer versions will be available on the Matrix website for PPP (http://www.matrixmultimedia.com) and the Microchip web site (http://www.microchip.com).

PPP allows you to program the PICmicro's and can accept HEX files generated by MPALB and other compatible compiler/assemblers.

MPALB has an Assembly language IDE - MPLAB, and an Assembler program (MPASMWIN) allowing you to write and assemble code.

There are a set of cut down 'Lite' versions of our big three programming course/tools - Flowcode, ASM for PICmicro's and C for PICmicro's.
These will give you both a quick start and an idea which type of course or programming style interests you best.
Full versions of these courses are available from our website (he says in a blatant plug... :) ).

Other resources and compilers etc. can be found via sites such as Microchips (e.g. the C18 C compiler for 18 series devices etc.).

I hope that helps get you started.

Metalicat

Post by Metalicat »

Obviously the cd is missing from the package, but maybe that's not a problem. I've allready downloaded PPP and MPLABS.

Can I find the "Lite versions" on your website, as well?

Ian

Post by Ian »

The Lite versions are not on the Web Site, but if you email me at support@matrixmultimedia.co.uk I will send a copy ofthe Mini CD out to you.