Temperature Sensor network EB051C EB051R

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Jason Q

Temperature Sensor network EB051C EB051R

Post by Jason Q »

Hi guys I am doing my final year project in college. I am studying automation and control technology. I require to transmit data from a temperature sensor wirelessly using the named above E-blocks. I have never used E-blocks before nor have I used wireless networks. Can anybody help me with this project. I have used flowcode during my studies. I would like to find a way of testing these boards. I realise the input of these boards are RS232 and I require a Max 232 board with PIC 16F88 to perform an A/D conversion of the output from my temperature sensors. Problem is I have no idea of how to go about creating this Max232 and Im not sure exactly how these boards (router and coordinator) are actually set up.
Any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Re: Temperature Sensor network EB051C EB051R

Post by LeighM »

Hi
The communication signals to and from the Zigbee e-blocks are logic level not RS232, so you can connect directly to the UART and control signals of a processor or connect the board directly to an EB006 programmer board.
You would only need to convert the signals to RS232 (e.g with MAX232) if the processor and Zigbee boards were required to be some distance apart.
Leigh

Jason Q

Post by Jason Q »

Thanks LeighM I am going to order the EB006 programmer board and use flowcode to create an analog to digital converter to convert my mV output from the LM35 temperature sensor. I have one more problem though, and that is I do not know of a way of connecting my coordinator board to a PC to display the temperature reading. I would need something to connect the 9 pin D type connector on the coordinator E-Block to the PC. Is there another board I could use to perform this.
Thanks,

Jason

Jason Q

Post by Jason Q »

Thank you for your reply Leigh, I will order the EB006 programmer board and use it to program a 16F88 pic to set up the Zigbee network and perform an analog to digital conversion of my mV output from the LM35 temperature sensor. Though I have encountered another problem. I would like to display the temperature value being read on a PC but do not know how I can connect the coordinator board to the PC ?
Thanks ,

Jason