Installing Flowcode PICV4.3

For Formula Flowcode Micromouse users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to the Formula Flowcode Micromouse.

Moderator: Benj

KrisJeff
Flowcode v5 User

Installing Flowcode PICV4.3

Post by KrisJeff »

Computer crashed with 4.3 up to date Flowcode.
New computer up and running with Windows 7. Installed my version 4 straight off the CD ROM, registered and all apeared OK.
However, I later realised that the version I had installed was not the latest version?
I have tried in the past at installing up to date patch but never sucessful? I therefore deleted old version 4 and went for full download of
version 4.3 straight off your Website. Will not complete sucessfully reports"Flowcode V4.exe is not a valid Win32 application"?
OS Windows 7 - 64 bit

Help!!
Kris Jeffery

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Installing Flowcode PICV4.3

Post by DavidA »

Hi Kris,

This can be caused by the download not finishing correctly, or becoming corrupted during download. My suggestion would be to try and clear your system TEMP folder and try download the v4.3 again. Also make sure that the old v4 is completely uninstalled, check your Control Panel >> Programs and Features list to make sure that it is uninstalled and also check the directory you installed it at (usually Program Files\Matrix Multimedia) and make sure there is no trace of it.

To clean your system TEMP folder you can:

- Click the Windows Start button, and type %TEMP% in the Start Search box near the bottom of the Start menu, and press Enter.
- Hold down the Ctrl key as you press A, to select all items in your TEMP folder.
- Press Del to delete all items in your TEMP folder.

After you have done this go to the link below and download the Flowcode PIC v4.3 Full and try again.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=22&t=593

Make sure you save it to a permanent location and not just run it from your browsers temp downloads directory, somewhere where you have read/write access.

Additionally if you have an overzealous anti-virus program this can cause an issue with '.exe' files downloaded off the internet, if you can the anti-virus program should be disabled while you install Flowcode v4.3.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Microsoft have a tool called "Windows Installer Cleanup" which can help. Unfortunately, they seem to have pulled it from their site - but I've seen other links to the download.

Also, this Microsoft post might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175

KrisJeff
Flowcode v5 User

Post by KrisJeff »

Done exactly as recommended but I still get "Flowcode V4.exe is not a valid Win32 application"?

Kris.

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello KrisJeff,

Could you try and make sure your internet security settings are at a sensible level, i would recommend medium-high on the security tab, one cause for this is that some pop-up blockers or internet security programs cut off large file downloads causing them to become corrupt. I would try turning your settings down and turning off any pop up addons.

Another option would be to try installing the program in safe mode.

Regards,

David

KrisJeff
Flowcode v5 User

Post by KrisJeff »

Dear David,

Thanks, worked a treat.

Kris.