Problem with flowcode buggy

For Formula Flowcode Micromouse users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to the Formula Flowcode Micromouse.

Moderator: Benj

peterhalloway

Problem with flowcode buggy

Post by peterhalloway »

There seems to be something wrong with the formula flowcode buggy I have just received. Regardless of whether I use reverse or set motors macros, the motors do not run in reverse. I have also noted that when using spin left or right only one motor rotates. I did not build the buggy it arrived built.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am pushing for 10 of these to be ordered for our new engineering dept at college but am a little nervous if they are going to be problematic.

Thanks

Pete

Further information in case it helps I wrote a program just sending pwm to RC1 and RC2 and setting the direction bits and the wheels rotated as expected and I confirmed the waveforms were what I expected with my scope, could this point towards problems with the formula flowcode macros in version 6? If there is anyone else out there with the formula flowcode micromouse and running version 6 could you please confirm?

I should also mention this is flowcode V6 school edition I have tested it with flowcode v5 and it is fine so definitely a problem with V6 not hardware

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Problem with flowcode buggy

Post by Benj »

Hello Peter,

To get the Formula Flowcode to work correctly in Flowcode v6 you must ensure that you have called the Initialise component macro before calling any of the other Formula Flowcode component macros.

peterhalloway

Post by peterhalloway »

BY the way Ben I was following your introduction to robotics pdf. It does not show the initialise icon being used here.

Pete

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Aha thanks Pete,

Please can you point me to where the document is and I will try and get it fixed.

peterhalloway

Post by peterhalloway »

Hi Ben
it is in the Flowcode SE curriculum resources, Introduction to robotics

Pete

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Cheers Pete,

I have now flagged this as an issue to get resolved.