Maze & line solver mix

For Formula Flowcode Micromouse users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to the Formula Flowcode Micromouse.

Moderator: Benj

jacky27

Maze & line solver mix

Post by jacky27 »

I've a project to do and i can't combine the maze solver and the line follower like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtyNEEhQCV4. How can i do it ? :mrgreen: . I use Flowcode V4. Thank you and happy new year.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Maze & line solver mix

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I think this is the program I used to make the video.
DEMO MAZE&LINE.fcf
(14.47 KiB) Downloaded 1463 times

jacky27

Post by jacky27 »

Thank you very much

jacky27

Post by jacky27 »

This programme doesn't work the robot goes round in circles and doesn't follow the line, have you another programme please ?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Jacky,

That was the program I used to do the video.

Do you have the black spacers positioned correctly underneath the formula flowcode. One needs to be on the front and another at the back to allow the line sensors to be spaced correctly. Otherwise the robot can rock back and forth and get false readings.
Spacers.jpg
Spacers.jpg (26.54 KiB) Viewed 18749 times
If your still getting problems then how are you doing the line? I think I used black electrical tape on top of a white painted surface and this worked very well. There is a small booklet that comes with the formula flowcode that has a line that is known to work with the buggy if you need to double check.

If your still having problems then it might be worth removing the line sensor attachment and using an extra two nuts to space the sensor slightly higher up. This is how we are currently shipping the formula flowcode robots as this allows the sensor to be a bit more sensitive to the surface. The video shows the robot with the sensor in the original configuration.

Sole-Jef

Post by Sole-Jef »

Hello everybody. i'm Jef and i m new in this crew. i ll start to say Flowcode technology and the environment are very powerfull. i m working on a project and i m using the the buggy micro mouse in flowcode6. i have successfully handled the line follower and maze. the problem is that ones wait from me that i implementent line following with avoidances of obstacle on the trajectory. i know that in the maze we can detect obstacles but can we avoid them on a trajectory with the formula flowcode buggy? please the maestro BENJ help! i m stuck. the combination maze&line file that you ve replied to JACHY27 can be the solution of this problem? it s an Emergency. thanks. Sole-Jef.